Cybersecurity Essentials for Veterans
Offered Live by CyberWarior.
Empower Your Future: Unleash New Possibilities in Cybersecurity
We understand the immense value of your military background and are here to help you leverage your unique skills for a fulfilling career in cybersecurity. Our “Cybersecurity Essentials for Veterans” course is meticulously crafted to bridge the gap between your military experience and the dynamic world of cybersecurity.
- Nov 27, 2023
Monday through Thursday, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm EST
This fast-paced, 15-hour program equips you with fundamental skills, knowledge, and confidence to pursue new opportunities in the rapidly growing field of cybersecurity in five days. No prior IT experience? No problem. This course is tailored to harness the strengths you’ve developed through military service—leadership, discipline, and strategic thinking.
Tailored for Veterans
Leverage your military background for a career in cybersecurity.
Compact and Comprehensive
15 hours for a robust understanding of cybersecurity essentials.
Interactive sessions, hands-on activities, and real-world simulations.
Certification advice, networking tips, and veteran status utilization.
Day 1: Introduction to Cybersecurity (3 hours)
– Overview of cybersecurity.
– Importance of cybersecurity in national and global contexts.
– Basic cybersecurity concepts and terminology.
– Discussion: How skills from military service translate to cybersecurity.
Day 2: Understanding Cyber Threats (3 hours)
– Description of common cyber threats (malware, phishing, social engineering).
– The concept of the cyber threat landscape.
– Live demo: Recognizing a phishing attempt.
– Basic principles of secure online behavior.
Day 3: Cybersecurity Defense Basics (3 hours)
– Introduction to defensive tools (antivirus software, firewalls, VPNs).
– Basic principles of digital hygiene and secure communications.
– Group activity: Create a secure setup for a hypothetical remote worker.
Day 4: The Legal and Ethical Side of Cybersecurity (3 hours)
– Overview of key laws and regulations affecting cybersecurity.
– Introduction to the concept of ethical hacking.
– Discussion: Ethical dilemmas in cybersecurity.
Day 5: Pathways Into Cybersecurity Careers (3 hours)
– Overview of the cybersecurity job market.
– Key qualifications and certifications employers look for.
– Panel discussion/Q&A (if possible, include veterans who have transitioned into cybersecurity careers).
– Resources for further learning and advancement.
- Hour 1: Engaging lectures and presentations.
- Hour 2: Hands-on activities, live demonstrations, and group discussions.
- Hour 3: Interactive Q&A sessions, recapitulation of daily learning, and previews of the next day’s topics.
- Short quizzes at the end of each day to reinforce learning.
- Feedback session and course evaluation on the last day.
- Lecture slides and notes.
- List of online resources and recommended readings.
- Guide to relevant certifications and further learning opportunities.
- No prior experience in IT or cybersecurity is necessary.
- Basic computer skills are recommended.
Capstone Project: Operation Cyber Sentinel
In “Operation Cyber Sentinel,” participants will assume the role of cybersecurity analysts at a fictitious company that has been experiencing a series of suspicious cyber activities potentially threatening the company’s operations.
The project is structured to simulate a real-world cybersecurity incident, requiring participants to employ the skills and knowledge acquired during the course.
- Access to simulated company network logs and communication.
- Templates for risk assessment and reporting.
- Completion of all prior sessions in the “Cybersecurity Essentials for Veterans” course.
Your Path to Cybersecurity Starts Here
Our dedicated program empowers you to protect not just national security, but also digital spaces for businesses and individuals worldwide. Enroll now for $149.99 and and step into a realm where your skills are highly valued, and endless opportunities await.